International conference on Behavioural and Social Sciences in Security, 2020. Ten bursaries are available for postgraduate students and unemployed or hourly-paid researchers. Bursaries cover the conference fee (if applicable) and accommodation at University of Portsmouth for the conference. Applicants who do not require accommodation can make the case to receive up to £100 towards travel.
Applications should be received by 9am (UK time), Monday 27th April. Queries regarding the bursaries and applications should be addressed to Nicola Ronan, CREST Centre Manager email@example.com
Please ensure you complete the application form fully and also arrange for a letter of support to be submitted independently (please see below for further details).
Decisions will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding unsuccessful applications. We will not accept retrospective or late applications.
Letters of Support
The letter of support should come from your current/past manager or supervisor – from their institutional email account – and should:
- introduce you (the applicant), briefly introduce themselves, and detail their relationship to you i.e. supervisor, head of department, head of research etc
- detail the applicant’s academic record and commitment
- make the case for funding i.e. confirm there is no alternative and/or institutional funding available for the applicant
- confirm the employment status of the applicant (student or otherwise).
- make the case for the value of participation in the conference to the applicant.
Applications should be submitted by 9am (UK time), Monday 27th April to Nicola Ronan, CREST Centre Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org