Using and republishing our content
We believe that our work should be shared as widely as possible. Where our research is published in journals we’re committed to making sure these are open-access. We also licence all of our blogs, guides and other resources on this website under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 licence. This means that unless otherwise noted, you can republish our content online or in print for free. You just have to credit us and link to us, and you can’t edit our material or sell it separately.
Republishing guidelines, for print and online
- Unless you have express permission from CREST and the author, you can’t edit our material, except to reflect relative changes in time, location and editorial style. (For example, “yesterday” can be changed to “last week,” and “UK” to “United Kingdom” or “here”). If you need to materially edit our content, please contact us.
- You have to credit our authors and partner institutions — ideally in the byline. We prefer “Author Name, Institution”.
- You have to credit CREST — ideally at the top of the article and include our logo — with a link back to either our home page or (preferably) the specific content URL on our website.
- If space is tight, you can run the first few lines of the content and then say: “Read it in full on the CREST website” with a link back to the content page on our site.
- It is permissible to put our articles on pages with ads, but you can’t sell our material separately.
- Please note that images on the website are NOT included in this licence and should not be republished. Images may be subject to separate licence terms that prevent them from being republished without permission.
- You can republish individual content, but you can’t systematically republish all of our content. If that’s your aim, please contact us.
- Our articles are licensed under Creative Commons 4.0 — Attribution/Non-Commercial/Share-Alike. The link explains the legal details. If you have questions, please contact us.
Linking and frames
We want our content to be used and shared and appreciate referrals, mentions and links to our site as well as specific articles and researchers.
You may link to us as long as the link does not cast us in a false or misleading light. Same goes for our logo. You may not frame the content of our site.
Here is our home page link: https://crestresearch.ac.uk
And here are our logos (click to enlarge):
These logos are optimised for screen use. Please contact us if you need higher-resolution logos.
Links to other websites
Our site contains links to other websites. We have no control over these other sites, their content, or their licencing arrangements. Remember to abide by their own user agreements and privacy policies.