CREST is pleased to announce its fourth call for commissioned projects.
This new round of commissioning is made possible by funds from the UK’s Home Office. These funds are administered by the Economic and Social Research Council, which safeguards the academic independence and rigour of CREST’s work.
The call is open to Higher Education Institutions, Research Organisations, charities, commercial companies, and individuals from the UK and overseas, who can demonstrate a capability to deliver a high-quality programme of research on short projects (<6 months).
Successful applicants will become part of CREST’s larger research programme, benefiting from resources for translating and communicating evidence for impact, and opportunities for sustained interaction with our key stakeholders – including UK and overseas governments.
Applicants should propose a programme of work that addresses one of the following topics:
- Disengagement and desistence literature review and infographics.
- Drivers of involvement in terrorism
- Further development of risk assessment ‘schemes’ for Channel
- Further development of risk assessment schemes for DDP
- Knowledge management across the 4 CT ‘P’s’
- Routes into and experiences within online communities promoting extremism and terrorism
- Developing online counter-narrative interventions in response to search terms and website visits
- Terrorist platform migration.
The work will be due for completion by August 2020. Please see the Call Specification (available from this page) for more details on each topic.
The total amount available for this Call will be up to £585,000 at 100 per cent full Economic Cost (fEC), of which 80 per cent fEC (i.e., up to £468,000) will be made available to successful applicants.
CREST will not reimburse costs associated with the development or submission of a proposal.
Applications must be submitted by 15:00 GMT on 13th November 2019.
The deadline for questions is 15:00 GMT on 5th November 2019.
Please download the Call Specification and CREST Subaward Terms from the following page: https://crestresearch.ac.uk/commissioning/terms/