Location: Wellcome Collection, 183 Euston Road, NW1 2BE, London.
Date: 19 June 2023
The conference is being organised by the Dawes Centre for Future Crime (part of UCL Security & Crime Science) and is co-sponsored by the UK’s Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC).
The day begins with a welcome address at 9.30am, and concludes at 5pm when the drinks reception begins. The reception closes at 7pm.
The programme this year includes sessions on:
- Backfire effects and unintended consequences in organised crime interventions
- Organised crime, natural resources and natural disasters
- Moral panics, misinformation, and misunderstandings
- Government responses to organised crime
- Policing organised crime
- Organised crime groups internationally: activities and counter-measures
- New and emerging technologies and organised crime
- Human trafficking and ‘modern slavery’
- Gangs, groups and drugs
- Fraud and financial crime
The speakers represent expertise from around the world including the UK, USA, South Africa, Mexico, Italy and Hong Kong.
You can find out more about the conference and book tickets here.