Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Dundee
Dr Aikaterini Grimani is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow on the Keeping Secrets Online project funded by CREST in the School of Nursing & Health Sciences at the University of Dundee. From January 2016 to December 2017 Aikaterini worked as a postdoctoral Researcher in Health Economics at Karolinska Institutet in Sweden. Recent work includes the production of systematic reviews regarding the economic evaluation of occupational health and safety interventions from the employer perspective (financed by the AFA Insurance of Sweden), the effectiveness of workplace health promotion interventions on worksite outcomes, such as productivity, work performance and work ability, the impact of worksite smoking and alcohol interventions on economic outcomes and the impact of worksite back pain interventions on productivity and work performance (financed by the Public Health Agency of Sweden).
Aikaterini has published papers in peer-reviewed journals and has presented at both Greek and international conferences. Her research interests lie in the fields of occupational health and safety and worker wellbeing. Her PhD was in the broad area of Labour and Health economics. The thesis was entitled “Labour Market and Health: Theoretical, Empirical and Cognitive Aspects” and was fully financed by the Research Funding Program (Heracleitus ΙΙ) of the Greek Ministry of Education. She holds MScs in Health Care Management, and in Basic & Applied Cognitive Science and a BSc in Sociology.
1. Drakopoulos, S.A., Economou, A. and Grimani, A., (2012), A Survey of Safety and Health at Work in Greece, International Journal of Workplace Health Management, 5(1):56-70.
2. Drakopoulos, S.A. and Grimani, K., (2013), Injury - Related Absenteeism and Job Satisfaction: Insights from Greek and UK Data, The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 24(18):3496-3511.
3. Gotsis, G. and Grimani, K. (2015), Virtue Theory and organizational behavior: An integrative framework, Journal of Management Development, 34(10): 1288-1309.
4. Gotsis, G. and Grimani, K. (2016), Diversity as an aspect of effective leadership: Integrating and moving forward, Leadership & Organization Development Journal, 37(2): 241-264.
5. Gotsis, G. and Grimani, K. (2016), The role of Servant Leadership in fostering inclusive organizations, Journal of Management Development,35(8): 985 - 1010.
6. Grimani, K. and Protopapas, A. (2016), Derivational suffixes as cues to stress position in reading Greek, Journal of Research in Reading, DOI:10.1111/1467-9817.12092.
7. Grimani, K. (2017), Measuring compassionate care: reliability and validity of the Greek version of a compassionate care assessment tool, Journal of Correctional Health Care, 23(3): 353-364.
8. Drakopoulos, S.A and Grimani, K. (2017), Labor earnings reductions, happiness levels and needs hierarchy, International Journal of Wellbeing, 7(1): 23-39.
9. Gotsis, G. and Grimani, K. (2017), The role of spiritual leadership in fostering inclusive workplace, Personnel Review, 46(5): 908-935.
10. Grimani A., Bergström, G., Riaño Casallas, M., Aboagye, E., Jensen, I. and Lohela-Karlsson, M. (2017), Economic evaluation of occupational safety and health interventions from employers’ perspective: A Systematic Review, Journal of Occupational & Environmental Medicine, forthcoming.
11. Drakopoulos, S.A. and Grimani, K. (2013), Maslow’s Needs Hierarchy and the Effect of Income on Happiness Levels, in The Happiness Compass: Theories, Actions and Perspectives for Well-Being, F. Sarracino (ed), Nova Science Publ., New York, pp. 295-309.
12. Drakopoulos, S.A. and Grimani, K. (2015), The effect of pay cuts on psychological well-being and job satisfaction, in Job Satisfaction: Determinants, Workplace Implications and Impacts on Psychological Well-Being, R. Osbourne (ed), Nova Science Publ., New York, pp. 113-126.
13. Drakopoulos S. A., Gotsis, G. and Grimani, K. (2015), The Methodology of the Social and the Economic Sciences: An Introduction, No 9939, “Kallipos” Action, co-financed by the European Social Fund and Operational Program “Education and Life Learning”, Hellenic Academic Ebooks, Athens.