Lecturer in Management, University of Bristol
Emma is a lecturer in the School of Management at the University of Bristol. She has a PhD and MSc with distinction in Business Management. Emma’s research and teaching interests revolve around digital technologies and consumer behaviour. She has published articles in several highly regarded journals such as Psychology & Marketing, Computers in Human Behavior, Information Systems Frontiers, and Public Management Review.
Emma is an alumnus of CHERISH-DE’s Digital Economy Crucible funded by the EPSRC, she was selected to participate in a workshop on Fintech Research in Emerging Economies under the British Council’s Researcher Links scheme offered within the Newton Fund, and in 2018 she was awarded an ESRC IAA Early Career Researcher Industry Secondment exploring online security and privacy aspects related to the telecoms sector. Emma was also Programme Co-Chair of the 15th IFIP I3E Conference on ‘Social Media: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly’ and has co-edited several journal special issues in her area of expertise.
- Ismagilova, E., Slade, E., Rana, N. & Dwivedi, Y. (2019) ‘A review and weight analysis of factors affecting helpfulness of electronic word-of-mouth communications’, AMS Conference, 29-31 May, Vancouver.
- Ismagilova, E., Dwivedi, Y. & Slade, E. (2019) ‘Perceived helpfulness of eWOM: Emotions, fairness and rationality’, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2019.02.002.
- Plume, C. & Slade, E. (2018). ‘Sharing of sponsored advertisements on social media: A Uses and Gratifications perspective’, Information Systems Frontiers, 20(3), 471-483.
- Janssen, M., Rana, N., Slade, E. & Dwivedi, Y. (2017). ‘Trustworthiness of digital government services: Deriving a comprehensive theory through Interpretive Structural Modelling’, Public Management Review, 20(5), 647-671.
- Dwivedi, Y., Janssen, M., Slade, E., Rana, N., Weerakkody, V., Millard, J., Hidders, J. & Snijders, D. (2016). ‘Driving innovation through big open linked data (BOLD): Exploring antecedents using Interpretive Structural Modelling’, Information Systems Frontiers, 19(2), 197-212.
- Marder, B., Slade, E., Houghton, D. & Archer-Brown, C. (2016). ‘I like them but won’t ‘Like’ them: An examination of impression management associated with visible political party affiliation on Facebook’, Computers in Human Behavior, 61, 280-287.
- Slade, E., Dwivedi, Y., Piercy, N. & Williams, M. (2015). ‘Modeling consumers’ adoption intentions of remote mobile payments in the UK: Extending UTAUT with innovativeness, risk and trust’, Psychology and Marketing, 32(8), 860-873.