This report includes a discussion on militant mobilisation and militant ideology and the potential implications of the decline of Islamic State from the perspective of research into social movements.
The report is split into the following chapters:
- Tunisia and Militancy in North Africa
- Foreign Fighters After IS
- Lessons from the Mujahedeen in Afghanistan
- Militant Ideology After IS
- ‘Building a Caliphate’ After IS
- Militant Mobilisation After the Islamic State
The report also contains a question-and-answer section at the end of each chapter which gives further detail into the issues surrounding these topics.
As part of CREST’s commitment to open access research, this text is available under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 4.0 licence. Please refer to our Copyright page for full details.
IMAGE CREDITS: Copyright ©2022 R. Stevens / CREST (CC BY-SA 4.0)