This video introduces key messages from the series of CREST resources for managing organisational change to help mitigate the development of Counterproductive Workplace Behaviour.
How was it developed?
These resources were created through findings from a CREST-funded project, undertaken by Professor Rosalind Searle (University of Glasgow) and Dr Charis Rice (Coventry University). The project produced a (dis)trust based framework for predicting, identifying and mitigating counterproductive work behaviour and insider threat within the context of organisational change. The project included a review of the current literature and a case study of a security critical organisation undergoing changes. This included interviews with management on the change context; critical incident stakeholder interviews for three insider threat cases; and administering anonymous online site surveys to managers and employees to gauge the organisation’s climate. The project builds on the team’s past research and expertise in the area of trust, organisational change and employee behaviour.
As well as this video there are a number of toolkits available at:
- Leaders – www.crestresearch.ac.uk/resources/cwb-toolkit-leaders
- Individuals – www.crestresearch.ac.uk/resources/cwb-toolkit-individuals
- Organisational Culture – www.crestresearch.ac.uk/resources/cwb-toolkit-organisational-culture
- Team Relations – www.crestresearch.ac.uk/resources/cwb-toolkit-team-relations
- Overview toolkit – contains all four toolkits: https://www.crestresearch.ac.uk/resources/cwb-toolkit
There is also another video available, which provides information on how to use the toolkits. This is available here: www.crestresearch.ac.uk/resources/cwb-video-toolkits.